Transition Point Assessment
(Level I, II, and III)
Instructions for Candidates in Undergraduate Teacher Education Programs:
AS YOU PREPARE EACH OF YOUR EPORTFOLIOS FOR LEVELS I, II, AND III:
1. Download and print two copies of the TPA form from the Teacher Education website (see link above). The TPA form is 2 pages, so you will have 4 pages total.
2. Complete one TPA on yourself, assessing your knowledge, skills and dispositions, as described on the TPA.
3. Ask a professor in one of your “education” or “major” courses to complete one TPA on you, assessing your knowledge, skills, and dispositions. NOTE: Suggested “types” of professors: Level I, an “education” professor; Level II, a “major” professor who has working knowledge of the Teacher Education program; Level III, your “university supervisor.”
4. Compose and submit “e-copies” of the completed TPAs in your ePortfolio.
5. In addition to the “e-copies” of the completed TPAs in your ePortfolio, also submit the “paper” copies of the TPAs when you submit your ePortfolio. The paper copies will be used to tabulate the data needed to assess the Unit.